Are you passionate about supporting the next generation of talent from under-represented groups and helping to shape and diversify the screen industries? Are you keen to give back and share your knowledge on how to navigate our fun and unpredictable industry with new entrants/early career stage young people?
Well, Film London Connect is a volunteer led mentoring programme designed specifically for Equal Access Network* (EAN) member beneficiaries. The mentoring programme’s focus is on new and early film industry entrants, aged 18-24 and they will be prioritising support for those from traditionally underrepresented groups.
The commitment for mentors is 6 hours over 6 months and they will be supported throughout the programme with training, resources and on hand advice.
What are the benefits to becoming a Mentor?
• It offers an opportunity to develop your leadership and communication skills
• It expands your listening skills; Mentoring doesn’t replace training/teaching. Instead, you would be guiding a young person who wants to take ownership of a specific skills gap
• Enables you to have a lasting impact on a young person’s life
• It encourages you to be creative
• It expands your network
• Gives you a fresh perspective and the opportunity to learn from someone different to you
• Gives you personal and job satisfaction from helping others achieve their goals
Click here to apply – by Tuesday 31st October 2023 @ 5pm